Via the environment file values for several parameters (i.e. project file settings) can be defined spatially explicit. A similar approach exists for setting parameter values in time. This feature is controlled with the timeEventsEnabled and timeEventsFile keys in the model.world-section of the project file.
It works as follows:
The file timeEventsFile is loaded and interpreted as a CSV text file. The column year is mandatory. Every other column name is interpreted as key in the project file, or as special key. In the year given in the year column the values from the other columns of a row are processed, i.e. set.
If the column name is:
- every other value is interpreted as a key in the XML file (see above for examples). The respective value is set.
- the "TimeEvents" are executed in the beginning of a year (see here).
- only a limited set of XML settings react directly to changed values during a model run. The "CO2-concentration" is an example for a sensitive setting.
- iLand expects the timeEventsFile in the "script path".
- the first year of the simulation is the year 1.